Barebum Billy Children's Picture Book
Written & directed by Nicholas Snelling
Illustrated by Glen Le Lievre
Finalist in Australia's AUREALIS AWARDS for 'Children's Fiction'
BAREBUM BILLY is a 'laugh-out-loud' funny storybook about a little boy who loves to strip off and run around nude in the most inappropriate of places – his snooty neighbours’ manicured lawn, the supermarket, an art museum, the zoo, a golfing green, and even his local church!
Billy’s neurotic toy robot is horrified. His poor parents are mortified. Meanwhile, all sorts of conservative folk are fuming mad over Billy's antics.
But one day Billy meets someone special who helps turn his skill for streaking stark naked into a wonderful career.
Some cool factoids to know about BAREBUM BILLY...
- It was independently published after a successful global crowdfund and is 100% Australian
- It's a finalist in the prestigious Aurealis Awards for Children’s Fiction
- It was written by Nicholas Snelling and illustrated by the 2021 Australian Political Cartoonist of the Year, Glen Le Lievre (TIME, The New Yorker, Wall Street Journal, Australian Financial Review)
- It's a wild, irreverent romp that brings to mind the likes of Roald Dahl, Julia Donaldson and Dr Seuss, but with a few extra shots of red cordial
- It contains everything a future classic kids’ book should have – catchy, rhyming verses; hilarious illustrations; a feel-good closing message; and a happily-ever-after!
- Kids love the slapstick. Adults adore the satire.